Disability Services: How can I get content in an alternate format?
At Macmillan Learning, we’re committed to providing accessible material to any user that needs it. There is no charge for this service, but students must have a documented disability and must show proof of purchasing the text and/or LaunchPad. Confirmation by a school official is sufficient documentation.
How do I place a request?
Requesting accessible content is easy. Fill out this survey letting us know your needs including a school contact, the product that your using, and what alternative format you're looking for. A representative will confirm your request within 48 hours and let you know if there's any additional information required.
Be sure to enter a valid school email address or we will be unable to reach you.
Is your school a member of the AccessText Network?
If you are an ATN member, please submit your request at www.accesstext.org for faster service. Many Macmillan Learning files are stored there for automatic fulfillment. If you are not a member and are a post-secondary institution in the US or one of its territories, it is easy to join and there is no cost to the school or university for doing so.
If you are not an ATN member, please request alternate format files by filling out our online form.
Fill in our Alternate Format Request form if you're not an ATN member.
- Please submit a separate request form for each title needed, including requests for permission to redistribute files we have previously supplied.
- Be sure to enter a valid school email address. You will receive a confirmation email after successfully submitting your request. We will also contact you by email once your request has been fulfilled.
- All requests must be submitted by a school official; students are advised to visit their school's Disability Services office for accommodation.
- While we aim to fulfill requests as soon as possible (usually within 1 to 2 weeks), please allow additional time during the rush seasons of August/September and December/January.
- Macmillan Learning imprints include Bedford/St. Martin’s, W. H. Freeman, and Worth Publishers. Palgrave Macmillan and Macmillan trade book requests should not be submitted to Macmillan Learning. Please visit these links for information about requesting those titles:
- Palgrave Macmillan: http://www.palgrave.com/page/accessibility/ Trade (St. Martin's Press
- Tor/Forge; Farrar, Straus and Giroux; etc.): http://us.macmillan.com/forms/alternate-format-request